A four-month program of club activities is compiled three times a year to provide members with advance notice of future events comprising the following activities. Generally family members and friends over the age of 18 are welcome to attend as Temporary Members on any walk, but attendance at longer events is subject to the approval of the Leader. Please note that dogs are not allowed to be taken on any Club walks.
Day walks with the Club are organised in the Melbourne metropolitan area and further afield. Every opportunity is taken to use public transport; otherwise members make car-pooling arrangements. Day walks are as follows:
• Metropolitan Walks of up to 16km are conducted each Wednesday, except for the third Wednesday. These walks are also conducted on one Monday each month.
• Easy Metro Walks are on the last Monday of each month and are less demanding than the Metropolitan Walks.
• Third Wednesday Walks are shorter than the Metropolitan and Easy Metro Walks; they are popular with older members and visitors.
The above three activities are generally within 50 km of the CBD and usually use public transport for access. Further activities are as follows:
• Country Walks are up to 16km long depending on the terrain, and are generally held more than 50 km from the CBD. They include Walks on the Mornington Peninsula on the first Monday of each month and in other bushland areas on at least one Sunday each month.
• Pack-carrying Walks extend over several days with each member carrying all necessary food and equipment for cooking and overnight sleeping. These walks are currently not on the programme but any new or existing member is encouraged to organize such a walk.
• Base Camp Walks are established in one location and require similar gear to Pack-carrying walks. Day-walks are conducted from the base camp.
• Base-under-Cover events involve self-catering accommodation in cabins or lodges with day walks conducted from the Base accommodation.
• Extended Tours usually occur once or twice a year, generally interstate or sometimes overseas. These tours may be from one to five weeks.
• Bus Tours are day trips using a hired bus for travel to the start and from the finish of walks.
• Cycle Tours are conducted in the one day.
See the Circular for a full program of Club walks.